Although each person is born with a unique set of genes, when kids are born, it’s impossible to avoid conversations about who they look the most like. And some people are lucky enough to find resemblances to their older ancestors, like a bolt from the blue. With children looking like an exact copy of their parents and grandparents, we’re almost ready to believe that it’s a result of some kind of reincarnation or wizardry.
And while scientists are still scratching their heads about our genes, we at Bright Side simply can’t help but wonder about what miracles nature is really capable of.
1. Princess Diana and her grandmother, Cynthia, made us wonder whether time travel already exists.
2. “A side by side of my 3x great-grandmother and my mother”
3. “I think I might be a clone and no one told me.”
4. This family’s genes are so strong.
5. “My dad and me, 1980 vs 2020”
6. “This is me in the mid-’90s and my son in 2020, not quite the same pose, but I like seeing the similarities!”
7. “My grandmother (1940) and me (2005) — I feel grateful to carry on her lovely genes.”
8. “I think it’s fun to look at my dad at 12 vs me at 12.”
9. “Me vs my mom’s yearbook photo (1977)”
10. “My son at a year old in 2004 and his great-great-grandfather at the same age in 1882”
11. “My whole life people have told me I look just like my mom when she was my age. I never saw it until I found this old picture of my mom.”
12. Nature’s miracles with genes will never cease to amaze us.
13. “My dad and me, both at the age of 14”
14. “Found this old picture of my great-grandma. I was amazed at how much I look like her!”
15. This mom and daughter look almost identical.
16. Seems like sometimes nature works like a 3D printer.
17. This granddaughter has features similar to her grandmother, and they both look so beautiful.
18. “My ancestor from the 1700s next to my dad — apparently my family’s looks haven’t changed much.”
19. “My dad’s mother and me, 70 years apart”
20. This bright smile passed through at least 2 generations.
Bonus: Princess Charlotte and Queen Elizabeth might not look alike, but the princess is surely the queen’s mini-me.
Have you seen this kind of resemblance in real life? Do you know any relatives that look like you?